Wedding Guest Dress Update V: Nearly There

I'll be inserting side seam pockets later which is why you see a gap in the seam if you look closely at the right of the picture.

I'll be inserting side seam pockets later which is why you see a gap in the seam if you look closely at the right of the picture.

Over the weekend I was able to cut all the pieces for the dress out of the final fabric. Everything got sewed up except for attaching the skirt. In these pictures I have it pinned to the bodice. I allowed it to hang like this overnight to allow the bias in the skirt to fall and this evening I'll finish it up by attaching it and balancing and finishing the hem. The skirt was also a reminder to me not to cut fabric when I'm tired as I forgot to divide the front waist circumference in half while I was marking the fabric. I ended up with a front piece that was much too wide. Luckily, I cut it this way instead of too narrow and was able to correct it without wasting much fabric.

I decided to ditch the dressmaker bows at the neckline. I just think it looks much more elegant without them, but I think I may attach single bows at the sleeve hem. We'll see. I've been playing around with different size bows and think I've found one I like best. Tomorrow, I plan to sew the petticoat and hopefully by Wednesday I can show you a finished project.

Wishing everyone a happy Monday!

Truly,
Claire